Data Scientist 👩
Are you passionate about harnessing the power of data and technology to create value?
As a Data Scientist at a Digit Mint, you will play a pivotal role in our data integration and management platform, focused on assessing the environmental impact of industrial activities. Collaborating closely with our engineers and product team, as well as our valued partners at BrightWolves, you'll be supported by experienced entrepreneurs and recognized technical experts who share our values and vibrant company culture.
Collaborating closely with our engineers and product team, as well as our valued partners at BrightWolves, you'll be supported by experienced entrepreneurs and recognized experts who share our values and vibrant company culture. While we provide the support you need, we also expect you to take the lead and steer your own success.
Your mission will be to introduce state-of-the-art statistical analysis and machine learning techniques to extract insights and patterns from complex datasets, develop predictive models and algorithms, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify data-driven opportunities and drive innovative solutions.
Your profile? 🙋
- Strong proficiency in statistical analysis, machine learning, and data mining techniques.
- Proficient in programming languages commonly used in data science, such as Python or R.
- Experience with data manipulation and analysis using SQL and other relevant tools.
- Solid understanding of data visualization techniques and tools.
- Familiarity with big data frameworks, such as Apache Spark or Hadoop.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and analytical findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Advanced degree (Master's or PhD) in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related disciplines.
- Proven track record of successfully applying data science methodologies to solve real-world problems.
- Experience working with large-scale datasets and handling unstructured data is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of experimental design and hypothesis testing.
- Experience with cloud platforms and distributed computing is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. • Willingness to work in Belgium.
- Fluent in English and Dutch and/or French.
Our technical environment ⚙️
What's in it for you? 👀
- A unique learning experience: from our experts and our clients – you will bring theory to practice fast
- Be part of a startup backed by seasoned entrepreneurs and technical experts
- You will work independently, but receive outstanding coaching and support from our senior experts
- A strong culture and shared values, surrounded by skilled and inspiring colleagues, and engaging events
- A spacious office located in Brussels
- Hybrid working policy, offering a blend of remote and office-based work
- An attractive compensation package